May 9-20, 2022
Come experience Spain and journey with the Bellarmine team to explore the places that transformed a man into a Saint!
The Bellarmine Ministry team is making an inaugural pilgrimage, May 9-20, 2022. We will visit the sacred places that helped transform St. Ignatius:
- Pamplona, where he had his infamous cannonball moment
- Loyola, at his room where his conversion began
- Montserrat, where he surrendered his sword to Our Lady
- Manresa and the cave he first retreated to and penned the Spiritual Exercises
- Many holy sites starting in Madrid, continuing on to Avila, Xavier, Burgos, Salamanca, and ending in beautiful Barcelona
You'll be accompanied by Bellarmine’s own Erin Maiorca, Fr. Michael Sparough SJ, Fr. James Strzok SJ, Betsey Beckman, and an English-speaking local Catholic guide. The team will offer many prayer experiences and liturgy will be available daily. Fr. Michael is a pilgrimage expert and expedition leader. The team will all share their knowledge of Ignatian spirituality, and Betsy will share her ministry of movement through embodied prayer and liturgical dance.
We expect this pilgrimage to be part history lesson, part prayer and reflection time, and part fun vacation. It is sure to be a once in a lifetime trip that will bring you closer to God and fill your heart with joy and light!