Here’s what we are doing to ensure the safety of all guests and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As of March 1, 2022, Cook County has removed most of the vaccination card requirements and mask mandates. Bellarmine is located in Cook County and has been following their guidelines. Therefore, masks and vaccination cards are no longer required to attend a retreat at Bellarmine. Of course you are still welcome to wear a mask if you wish to do so.
What if COVID-19 numbers increase again?
In the event that COVID numbers increase again and Cook County mandates change, we may have to require different social distancing or rules for those that are not vaccinated.
How will I know if COVID guidelines change?
Please provide your most often checked email address and phone number so that we can keep you informed of any changes that may occur. In the meantime, we are asking about vaccination status and socially distancing needs to prepare the appropriate amount of spacing for each retreat group.
Our remaining COVID-19 Precautions that started March 1, 2022:
- Like many other Catholic Churches in the Archdiocese of Chicago, we have a social distancing section in our Sacred Heart Chapel available for those looking for 6 feet of social distance during Mass and talks.
- If you would like to dine 6 feet apart, please let us know and we can make arrangements.
- We have Filter Queen Defenders portable air purifiers throughout the retreat house (filters 99.99% of particles down to 0.1 micron, 3x better-than-HEPA filtration, ozone free, hospital approved).
- We open windows to ensure both filtration and ventilation in our common area rooms and the dining room.
- Hand sanitizer is also available throughout the retreat house.
We advise all retreatants that are sick or feeling ill, to stay home and care for your health.
After Your Retreat:
Should you be diagnosed with COVID-19 within 10 days of your Bellarmine retreat, please promptly inform us so that we may notify your fellow retreatants of their possible exposure.
If any guest or employee contracts COVID-19, Bellarmine Jesuit Retreat House will promptly inform retreatants who were exposed.
We understand you may have additional questions or concerns about attending a retreat at this time. Please call us at 847-381-1261. We are happy to help allay your concerns and explain in additional detail our safety standards and protocols. Please know that the safety of all guests and staff is our top priority and the guiding force of all that we do during this unprecedented time.