Bellarmine Jesuit Retreat House team is seeking a part-time maintenance mechanic to join our team. Primary responsibilities include keeping our equipment and infrastructure maintained in good working condition while providing a warm and hospitable environment. Our five buildings and 80 acres must be kept in excellent condition for the benefit of retreatants, staff, and residents. Bellarmine is a quiet, pleasant, prayerful, and safe place to retreat, live, and work.
- Maintain and repair the retreat house and other buildings. Includes maintenance of boilers, HVAC systems, water softeners, compressors, wells, elevators, kitchen equipment, septic system, fire protection system, irrigation and electrical system
- Maintain autos, tractors, mechanical yard and garden equipment
- Maintain grounds, landscape, and snow removal in conjunction with contractors
- Work closely with housekeeping team to prepare for retreats
- Provide equipment, audio-visual, and furniture set-ups for each retreat
- Maintain building and construction supplies as needed, including pick-up and delivery
- Light and heavy disposal of trash and garbage
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Communicate with the Maintenance Supervisor, Jesuit community, and staff to ensure smooth operations and enhance the retreat house for all retreatants
- Cooperate with Jesuit community, staff members, and volunteers in all areas of work
Interested, qualified persons should have at least five years of work experience and be comfortable working in a faith-based environment. Submit a résumé and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call 847-381-2699 with questions.