In Matthew’s Gospel, Jesus challenges us to “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations” (Mt. 28:19). Invite many, and do not be discouraged if it takes several invitations before someone feels called to make a retreat. We offer the “Who am I called to invite?” Tool (below) to assist you in prayerfully discerning those individuals in your parish, workplace, social circles, and family who might benefit from a retreat.
The Captains' Handbook offers information and inspiration as you invite others to join you on retreat. If you have not received a copy of the handbook, please contact Teresa Larson. An electronic version may be accessed below.
We offer the following materials which you may use to promote your group's retreat:
- Full-page flyers with registration form click here
- Quarter-page bulletin advertisements, personalized with your contact information and group name click here
- Save the Date cards to send in advance of the retreat flyer
- Promotional tri-fold board with photos of the retreat house and a current schedule of retreats, to be used at a group meeting, parish event, or after Mass
- Contact list of group members for easy follow-up and invitations
It is also possible to request a visit from one of our Jesuits to your parish. They can preach at one or two Masses on a given weekend and share the Bellarmine story, or speak to a group of 50 or more from the parish at an event or meeting. To request a visit from a Jesuit, after speaking with your pastor, contact Teresa Larson three or four months before the desired speaking date. We recommend scheduling the visit at least two months in avance of your retreat. As a Captain, you are expected to attend the event(s) at which the Jesuit will speak and share Bellarmine marketing materials before and after the event.